Esprima runs on web browsers (IE 6+, Firefox 1+, Safari 3+, Chrome 1+, Konqueror 4.6+, Opera 8+) as well as Node.js.
- Full support for ECMAScript 5.1(ECMA-262)
- Sensible syntax tree format compatible with Mozilla Parser AST
- Heavily tested (> 550 unit tests with solid 100% statement coverage)
- Optional tracking of syntax node location (index-based and line-column)
- Experimental support for ES6/Harmony (module, class, destructuring, ...)
- Code coverage analysis: node-cover, Istanbul
- Documentation tool: JFDoc, JSDuck
- Language extension: LLJS (low-level JS), Sweet.js (macro)
- ES6/Harmony transpiler: Six, Harmonizr
- Eclipse Orion smart editing (outline view, content assist)
- Source code modification: Esmorph, Code Painter,
- Source transformation: node-falafel, Esmangle, escodegen
Follow @Esprima on Twitter to get the development updates. Feedback and contribution are welcomed!
Copyright (C) 2012, 2011 Ariya Hidayat and other contributors.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL