For general usage and hacking information, visit our website: http://jshint.com/.
JSHint Fundraiser / Bug Bounties
We're running a fundraiser for JSHint! If JSHint helps you in your day-to-day development, please consider donating. All money raised on this page will be used as monetary rewards for fixing JSHint bugs and implementing new features. Our hope is to introduce more developers to JSHint hacking and boost its development.
- All funds (aside from fees) will be used only to fund bounties.
- If core team ends up fixing bounty bugs, the reward will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- Before marking bugs as fixed, all patches must be reviewed by a core team member.
Reporting a bug
To report a bug simply create a new GitHub Issue and describe your problem or suggestion. We welcome all kind of feedback regarding JSHint including but not limited to:
- When JSHint doesn't work as expected
- When you simply want a new option or feature
Before reporting a bug look around to see if there are any open or closed tickets that cover your issue. And remember the wisdom: pull request > bug report > tweet.
How do I turn off "mixed tabs and spaces" warning?
If you're using so-called smart tabs
then we have an option
smarttabs for you. Otherwise, your solution is to
run JSHint with a custom reporter that discards any warnings you don't like.
For example, this example reporter
discards all warnings about mixed tabs and spaces.
Look for a file named
CONTRIBUTING.md in this repository. It contains our
contributing guidelines. We also have
a mailing list.
JSHint is distributed under the MIT License. One file and one file only (src/stable/jshint.js) is distributed under the slightly modified MIT License.
Core Team members:
- Anton Kovalyov (@valueof)
- Wolfgang Kluge (blog)
- Josh Perez (@goatslacker)
- Brent Lintner (@brentlintner)
Maintainer: Anton Kovalyov
We really appreciate all kind of feedback and contributions. Thanks for using and supporting JSHint!